Monday, April 20, 2015

People Pleasing

In my life, I have realized that there are basically always two options on things; people pleasing, or self pleasing. I remember one specific example and that was doing this basketball camp that I DID NOT want to go to, but one of my friends did which means I did.

I was a pretty weird child and I would get upset about going to the dumbest things. What can I say, I'm a homebody. I personally don't like doing many social things; I mean I like some of them, but I would rather be curled up on the couch with my cat (uh-oh watch out, crazy cat lady headed your way).

Anyways, back to my example. I decided to go to this week of basketball camp and let me tell you; it was TORTURE filled with tears and snot and everything. I honestly have no clue why I went to it if I knew I was going to hate it so much.

Another example is the same friend wanted me to go to this camp with her done at my church and then on the last day we got to go to the waterpark. Yeah, just not a good time for me.
Something about me and camps don't mix well.

Now looking back on these times (and many others)  I realize that I should have always done what I wanted to do.  Let's face it, if you don't get a good vibe about something just don't do it.

Even though these are small, silly examples, there are tons of things that could go wrong if you choose to people please.

Self is most important in situations like this. You don't want to get yourself all worked up about something silly and just wear yourself down with the decision making process. If someone asks you to do something and you honestly don't want to, just say no...there are no excuses needed people; you just simply need some self time.

Take time today to appreciate yourself and only make decisions you are happy with...then you will live with no regrets!

No comments: