Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Halloween Fever


I have had Halloween fever lately. Fall is my favorite time of the year and coincidentally Halloween is my favorite holiday!  I love the way the trees change, the way the weather feels, pumpkin spice lattes, and the colors of Halloween. 




The other day I decided to start my fall to do list. This is my favorite list to make and I look forward to it every year!  This is my first year in college, so hopefully I'm not to busy to check off everything on my list. I only have 8 things on my list so far, but there will definitely be more added soon. A new thing I added to my list this year is make a Halloween quilt.  I have never made a quilt so I have no idea how this is going to go, but it is the one thing on my list that I'm most excited about.  I googled Halloween quilts and this is my favorite- http://bittybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/2008/10/halloween-squared-quilt-pattern.html
This quilt looks pretty tough, but I love the festive colors that it incorporates!



Last Halloween, my boyfriend (Austin) and I decided to carve a pumpkin.  We were going for a spongebob theme.  We were so excited about our pumpkin.  We got the knife out and just started carving.  At first it looked really bad, but we were confident that our little spongebob pumpkin would turn out great.


Look at that comparison! They look like twins!

We were wrong about him turning out great!:) He turned out pretty scary and one of his two teeth even fell out! Hopefully this year our pumpkin will turn out better. We probably need to invest in a pumpkin carving kit.



Hopefully fall comes soon because I don't think I can wait any longer!


No comments: