Thursday, August 27, 2015

Featured Artist of the Day: Agnes Obel

Whenever my week turns stressful, I always turn to music. This week my classes started and on top of that I have been sick. With all the craziness going on around, sometimes it's good to just unwind and become in tune with yourself. What is the best way to become in tune with yourself? That's simple! Listen to some good tunes. When you are trying to wind down and release some stress, the last thing you want to do is listen to some wild, upbeat music; you need something calming that feels like a breath of fresh air.

My favorite musician to go to in the time of crazy stress, late nights, and desperate need of coffee is Agnes Obel! In the moments I feel like I'm becoming insane, I simply just turn this music on and then all of the sudden I am transformed into this new human with the keen ability to stay calm.  

Agnes Obel is a Danish musician whose music is filled with whimsical gusts of piano classics to create an magical sound. If you need something to calm you down after a stressful day, this music will do that. On the other hand, Agnes' music offers variation in the sense that you can also get a little pick me up for the day through some of her more uplifting songs. I like to think of her music as my little cup of tea; there is a kind for the morning, afternoon, and evening.  I have not found one of her songs that I do not like. 

My favorite songs
-The Curse
-Avenue
-The Riverside
-Fivefold
-Brother Sparrow

If you are a fan of not so main-stream music and are looking to expand you music library, or you suddenly feel like the world is crashing down on your shoulders, definitely go listen to this music. You will not be disappointed. 

No comments: